Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Canada Day

For someone in Arizona, I write about Canada a lot, huh?

Anyway: Today is Canada Day, the day when a traveller needing a few essentials before noon in downtown Vancouver is out of luck, because downtown Vancouver is on a Sunday/Holiday schedule.

As I discovered last year.

This year, I'll be in Vancouver the 11th, which is an actual Sunday. But I won't have a morning bus to catch this time. Maybe a morning ferry, but it's not a top priority. I had this insane idea that catching a ferry to Nanaimo, driving to Victoria, shopping, catching a second ferry back to Tsawassen and driving to Seattle all in the same day would be fun. I am reconsidering.

All I'll really need is a good book store.

H'mm... There's a Chapters not far from where I plan to stay the previous night. That should do.

3 Comments:

Blogger homercat said...

Cool!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I spent Canada Day last year in Ottawa... in a server room at Tunney's Pasture... and got out about the same time the fireworks were over. It really bummed me out because my hotel was about three blocks from Parliament. I swear one year I'll get back to Ottawa for Canada Day, just to make up for it.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Patrick Connors said...

That sounds like it'd be a fun trip (as long as server rooms are avoided...).

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home