Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Job Change

The closest thing I have to a political bumper sticker on my car is the little "I voted today" sticker I got at the primary election. That's right, my car voted in the Democratic primary.

Lynne Gobbell of Moulton, Alabama has a John Kerry sticker on her car. It led to an interesting change of jobs.
The manager told her to go back to work, but he came back a few minutes later and said, "I reckon you're fired. You could either work for him or John Kerry".

Then, late this afternoon, Kerry himself phoned Gobbell. "He said, 'you let him know you're working for me as of today.' I was just so shocked."
Of course, it is September already. Kos points out:
Of course, the Kerry campaign has a six week lifespan. Gobbell should look around for something a little more, er, permanent.
True, true. Maybe something at Alabama Democratic HQ?

I'm not currently in the market for insulation, but I will be soon - I'm building a recording studio - and you better believe I won't be buying Enviromate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home