Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Friday, August 27, 2004

Arthur Dent, amateur actor

I have proof that Arthur Dent (the hapless protagonist in Douglas Adams' Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series) was an actor in community theater:
"Thursday. It must be Thursday", Arthur said. "I could never get the hang of Thursday".
My reasoning: The community theaters I've been involved with perform Thursday through Sunday. And the Thursday shows tend to have some of the more interesting mistakes, just because we haven't been in the theater for three days. Then we all remember how the show is Supposed To Be Done, and get it together for the weekend.

Last night was very Thursday. We had a forgiving audience who had fun anyway, but it was definitely Thursday.

So on Arthur Dent's long-gone alternate Earth, he was a part-time actor. I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home