Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Friday, November 19, 2004

Ten

I drove over to the State Capitol yesterday to renew my business name. I've been selling buttons and trinkets off and on since 1987, but I've officially had the name Finger Rock Publishing for ten years now. Time to renew.

When I first moved to Phoenix, I worked across the street from the Captiol at the Department of Health Services. I used to have lunch in the little cafeteria in the Capitol basement at least three times a week. So yesterday I thought I'd try to eat there, for old times sake.

I knew that security was different nowadays. You can't just drive up to the building any more. I had to park a block away. No big deal. I expected metal detectors and badges. I was pleasantly surprised. Except for minor remodeling, it was just the same as it was ten years ago. The cafeteria was the same. The food hadn't changed much. And security was about the same, too.

The same. It was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home