Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Friday, August 12, 2005

Comment Spam

I'm getting hit with comment spam in the general form of:

From [perfect stranger]

Loved your post. Here's my blog.

A longer description, perhaps a line or two, that could be mistaken for an
e-mail signature line and always has a pointer to a business that has nothing
to do with the post follows.

Here's the thing: I'm a programmer, and such a reply is easy to automate. You're not fooling me one single bit.

I invite comments.
I like comments and online discussions.

You freeloaders can pay for your own advertising space.

Update:
And I've been reading through Blogger's help files.

Comment spam on Blogger sites does nothing to increase your Google page rank. Comments on Blogger sites are almost ignored by Google.

They're on to you.