Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Elizabethan Costumer's Guide to Home Depot

Off and on over the centuries, I've been a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism.

I used to gird my loins with armour and stride out onto the battlefield and, well, get killed a lot. Eventually I realized I enjoy making the armor quite a bit more than fighting in it, and sort of drifted away from the SCA. But while I was doing all of this Manly Combat stuff, I spent a lot of time in hardware stores and eventually Home Depot buying plywood and hose clamps and duct tape and plastics and all of the other materials modern medievalists adapt into instruments of war.

And it wasn't just us Manly Men, either: Here's Sarah Lorraine Goodman's The Elizabethan Costumer's Guide to Home Depot.

- via BoingBoing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home