Villagers With Pitchforks

The flaming torches were delayed in transit, sorry.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, U.S. Outlying Islands

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Assignment

From Nancy (non-exploding loo) Freeman:
Select a song lyric containing the word "love". Wherever the word "love" appears, replace it with "lunch". Example: Hunka hunka burnin' lunch.

Compare and contrast. Does your new version of the song make more sense than the original?
My early results vary:

The B-52s:
The lunch shack is a little old place where
We can get together....
Early Elvis:
Lunch me tender,
Lunch me true...
Christine Lavin (Santa Monica Pier)
Look at that old woman dozing off
I wonder what she's dreaming of?
What could be better than this
Except for maybe being in lunch?

Research continues.

2 Comments:

Blogger homercat said...

I'm not in lunch.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Patrick Connors said...

Queen:
Crazy little thing called lunch

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home